Waxing After Care
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your skin is cared for properly following your waxing treatment.
- After waxing, especially after your first wax, it is perfectly normal to have some slight soreness, small bumps or redness.
- These symptoms should subside within 24-48 hours.
It is essential to keep the waxed area clean and to avoid heat and friction for 24-48 hours after your waxing treatment.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No tanning (Sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
- No sport, gym work or other exercise
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- wear clean, loose fitting clothes
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Do not apply deoderants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area
- To soothe and protect the skin apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands prior to applying any product.
To prevent ingrowing hairs:
- Starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower, using a loofah or exfoliating mitt.
- Moisturise the waxed area daily, this will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
- You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
- Hair needs to be at least ½ cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing.
- Please do not shave between your appointments.
- To maintain your smooth appearance I recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.